Strong, Stylish & Streamlined
New Simpson Strong-Tie® Products from Huttig®
Simpson Strong-Tie® from Huttig® is an industry leader in engineered structural connectors and building solutions. Adding to their line of innovative products, they recently announced an easier-to-install rafter hanger for roof framing and new decorative hardware for outdoor living structures.
The LSSJ Field-Adjustable Jack Rafter Hanger
Easy and intuitive to use for connecting rafters to hip/valley beams in roof framing, the simple design of the Simpson Strong-Tie LSSJ field-adjustable jack rafter hanger makes installation simple and quick, resulting in lower labor costs.
The LSSJ features a versatile, hinged seat that easily adjusts to typical rafter slopes. The gripper seat frees up a hand for the installer at the time of attachment, while the hanger attaches to the open side of the jack rafter for easier fastener placement. The LSSJ can be installed after the rafters are set into place so a framer doesn't have to pause during installation. Usable in both new construction and retrofit applications, the LSSJ is available in three sizes and sold in two versions: skewed to the left or to the right.
Key features of the LSSJ jack hanger include:
- All nail holes are easily accessible on one side with a hammer or connector pneumatic tool
- Gripper seat frees up a hand for the installer during installation
- Straightforward design makes installation quick and intuitive, saving time and labor
- Flange design allows for skew adjustment from 0° to 45° (ships pre-bent at 45° skew)
Outdoor Accents® Decorative Hardware
Outdoor Accents® decorative hardware is a new line of connectors and fasteners from Simpson Strong-Tie that provides both design elegance and structural strength to custom outdoor living structures. This load-rated, patent-pending hardware accommodates 4x and 6x lumber sizes, providing the flexibility installers and designers need when designing and building custom outdoor structures.
The new mission style connectors, which include post bases, strap ties and angles, are made from galvanized steel with a black powder-coat finish for corrosion protection. The fasteners are all exterior rated and also feature a black powder-coat finish.
Key features of Outdoor Accents include:
- Post bases secure wood columns to concrete, while providing a 1" standoff height that helps reduce decay
- Flat T and L strap ties bring decorative appeal and lateral strength to outdoor living spaces as well as indoor projects
- Fastener and washer create decorative bolt-like connections, but install with the ease of a screw and without predrilling
- Structural strength tested and approved to meet stringent building codes for high-wind or seismic conditions
- Galvanized steel with a black powder coat finish provides corrosion protection
- Patent-pending design facilitates easy installation
| December 01, 2016